[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8561: Allow Custom Logo in Email Header, and allow Header and Footer to accept HTML Content

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 30 11:38:42 UTC 2021

#8561: Allow Custom Logo in Email Header, and allow Header and Footer to accept
HTML Content
-------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  gamicord     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Core         |    Version:  9.1.1
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  needs-design-feedback
-------------------------+-----------------------------------
 I downloaded and installed a simple Email Template plugin that I like.
 Here’s the link– (https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-templates/)

 The only difference between that one and BuddyPress is that it let’s us
 add our Custom Logo: which is good for branding.

 1.) Can BuddyPress add this functionality to make it possible for us to
 add our Logo by default?

 2.) Can BuddyPress make it possible for the Header to accept HTML Content?

 This will be good for us to achieve more flexibility and control.

 If BuddyPress will take it a step further, it should make it possible for
 us to pull dynamic Content into the Header and Footer, and then be able to
 style these with plain CSS.

 a.) Add icons or Logo to Email Footer.
 b.) Add your Social Media handles to Footer.
 c.) Move the “Subscribe” text to Left, Middle or Right position.
 d.) Use HTML on Header and Footer, to add certain elements like Dashicons,
 Font Awesome icons, and so on.

 e.) Make the Email Template a Drag-and-Drop Feature built with Blocks, and
 can be saved as Email Templates.

 Thanks for your understanding in implementing this request.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8561>