[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8128: BP Nouveau JS: Maybe move "bp_ajax_request" event to fadeIn complete function.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 15 17:28:47 UTC 2019

#8128: BP Nouveau JS: Maybe move "bp_ajax_request" event to fadeIn complete
function.
 Reporter:  dcavins      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Templates    |    Version:  4.4.0
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  has-patch
 As is, the very useful `bp_ajax_request` js event fires before the element
 it is referring to is fully faded in, which causes problems in some cases
 (like drawing new elements via js, because the elemtent isn't full size
 until the fadeIn is completed).

 I'm attaching a patch that moves the event to the optional `completed`
 method of the `fadeIn` function.

 However, I can imagine that soemtimes you might want to be alerted that
 the request has finished before the element has completely faded in, so it
 might be better to add a new event, like
 `'bp_ajax_request_fade_in_complete' rather than moving the existing event.

 I'm not sure. Anyway, thanks for your consideration.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8128>