[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8003: Setting Reply-To and From causes excessive database overhead in cases where addresses don't match a user

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 26 15:43:24 UTC 2018

#8003: Setting Reply-To and From causes excessive database overhead in cases where
addresses don't match a user
------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges            |       Owner:  DJPaul
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 I'm not a big fan of the 'Person' terminology either, but "member" and
 "user" already have specific meanings in WP/BP, meanings that we are
 specifically trying to avoid (since From etc may not point to any "member"
 or "user" in the BP/WP sense). I suppose that, strictly speaking, what
 `From` and `Reply-To` and `To` and `CC` and `BCC` and others all have in
 common is that they are email addresses, so maybe the nomenclature should
 reflect that instead.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8003#comment:5>