[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7592: Manual approval for blog post comments is bypassed when replying from BuddyPress activity stream

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 6 00:52:06 UTC 2017

#7592: Manual approval for blog post comments is bypassed when replying from
BuddyPress activity stream
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  aleon4                  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new
Changes (by r-a-y):

 * keywords:  needs-patch dev-feedback => dev-feedback has-patch

Comment:

 > I think for sub-sites that have "Comment must be manually approved"
 enabled, we should disable activity commenting on these activity entries
 since there is no way for us replicate the WordPress pending comment
 experience within the BuddyPress activity stream.

 Due to what I mentioned above, `01.patch` disables activity commenting in
 the BuddyPress activity stream for blog comments requiring manual
 approval.

 Users will still able to comment on the original blog post, but will no
 longer be able to comment within the BuddyPress activity stream.

 In order to test this patch, you will need go to your sub-site's "Settings
 > Discussion" admin page and save.  This will mirror the
 `comment_moderation` option to BP's `blogmeta` table so BuddyPress can
 easily query for this setting in the activity loop later on.

 Having to manually save each sub-site's Discussion settings might be a
 pain.  I could automate this, but this might increase the DB query count.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7592#comment:7>