[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7467: Group photo code not Generating to update an existing groups photo.
noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 13 13:05:54 UTC 2017
#7467: Group photo code not Generating to update an existing groups photo.
Reporter: pandraka | Owner:
Type: defect (bug) | Status: new
Priority: normal | Milestone: Awaiting Review
Component: Core | Version: 2.8.2
Severity: major | Keywords:
Once the group is created, I can't update the group photo, some of the
code isn't being generated. I've disabled all the plugins and change the
theme, the outcome is the same. When creating a new group I can upload a
photo. When updating an existing group's photo I can't. It seems that
some of the code isn't generating. I've attached captures of both a group
creation and group photo update. When the code is generated for the group
photo updates, the code for bp-avatar-nav and bp-avatar-status are
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading
BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
2.8.2 - but the issue was discovered on 2.8.1 I don't know whent this
became an issue since I didn't test for this feature before hand
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
If so, which ones?
9. Are you using the standard WordPress theme or customized theme?
Skeleton, with a child theme.
10. Which theme do you use ?
11. Have you modified the core files in any way?
12. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
13. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come
with a copy of bbPress built-in?
14. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
15. Which company provides your hosting?
16. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or
Basic Trouble Shooting:
Before posting your question please run some essential trouble shooting.
These steps are essential to correctly identifying where the issue might
lie and it’s essential that they are done in advance of any questions
being raised, also running a search on keywords related to your issue
might return previous threads that could help.
1. Identifying whether you have a theme issue: Many issue are often custom
theme related, it is important to determine if this is the case with your
issue; to do this please activate a theme that is known to behave
correctly with BuddyPress, that will be any theme that is in the default
install from WP so choose either ‘twentytweleve, ‘twentythirteen’ or a
later one. Having activated one of these theme check again if you still
have the same issue, if you haven’t then this tells us it’s theme related,
and in the first instance you should contact the theme author for help. If
no help is forthcoming from the theme author then certainly post a
question on the BP help forum, but please bear in mind forum support is
limited where third party themes are concerned.
Not a theme issue, I have the same result with 2015
is concerned to try and narrow things down deactivate all plugins non
essential to BP functioning and then re-active one by one until the issue
I've disabled all the plugins and still have the issue
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7467>
BuddyPress Trac <http://buddypress.org/>
More information about the buddypress-trac