[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7349: When user is not logged , in he/she clicks email link to view new messages gets 404 page when should get login page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 23 20:36:24 UTC 2017

#7349: When user is not logged , in he/she clicks email link to view new messages
gets 404 page when should get login page
 Reporter:  dkelm         |       Owner:

Comment (by dcavins):

 Replying to [comment:7 dcavins]:
 > I was surprised to find that links to the friend requests management
 pane work OK without modification, even though they also look like
 http://bptest.local/members/three/friends/requests/. Huh.

 A note for my future self: It appears the difference is the `main_nav`
 arguments in the component setup. Messages includes the parameter:
 `'show_for_displayed_user' => bp_core_can_edit_settings()`, but the
 friends component does not. When I comment out that parameter, instead of
 a 404 I get a login prompt.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7349#comment:8>