[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 12 17:14:14 UTC 2017

#7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's
page
-----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  r-a-y            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 I have no strong opinions about class organization. I will say that the
 term "God class" feels like an exaggeration here, as does "anti-pattern".
 The methods/classes in question are closely linked in functionality, and I
 don't see an architectural principle that very clearly dictates the
 "right" answer. We're trying to balance performance, organization, ease-
 of-maintenance, and this will require trade-offs.

 Given that we autoload classes, it's likely that more-but-smaller classes
 will provide a slight memory benefit, as @r-a-y suggests. I also lean
 toward not doing so much inside of a `__construct()` method, but for these
 kinds of specialty classes, I don't think it makes a difference.

 Unless @DJPaul feels strongly otherwise, I'm fine with the approach in the
 most recent patches.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7218#comment:40>