[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7590: Sometimes getting Notice: Uninitialized string offset: -1 while inserting activity

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 30 20:17:09 UTC 2017

#7590: Sometimes getting Notice: Uninitialized string offset: -1 while inserting
activity
-------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  bhargavbhandari90        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by r-a-y):

 Thanks for the steps, @bhargavbhandari90.

 I'd rather not install a 3rd-party plugin.

 Instead, can you run the following in your theme's `functions.php` or in
 `wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php`?

 {{{
 add_filter( 'bp_create_excerpt', function( $retval, $text, $length,
 $options ) {
         error_log( 'excerpt text: ' . $text. "\n", 3, WP_CONTENT_DIR .
 '/uploads/excerpt.log' );
         error_log( 'excerpt options: ' . print_r( $options, true ) . "\n",
 3, WP_CONTENT_DIR . '/uploads/excerpt.log' );

         return $retval;
 }, 10, 4 );
 }}}

 Recreate the problem with rtMedia and then copy the contents of `wp-
 content/uploads/excerpt.log` to this ticket so we can see the problem.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7590#comment:5>