[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7349: When user is not logged , in he/she clicks email link to view new messages gets 404 page when should get login page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 21 14:42:31 UTC 2017

#7349: When user is not logged , in he/she clicks email link to view new messages
gets 404 page when should get login page
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  dkelm         |       Owner:

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 The more general `'visibility'` approach seems sound to me, though I
 haven't tested it. We should be clear on back compat: it could cause
 privacy issues if we start registering screen functions that previously
 weren't registered because of their access settings. I'm pretty sure
 that's what your patch does.

 I mentioned [comment:5 here] that it'd be nice to continue to add
 `visibility=false` items to the nav array, but exclude them at the time of
 rendering. This change would open up a lot of possibilities beyond the
 scope of this ticket, since it'd then be possible to modify nav in dynamic
 ways that require access to all possible nav items. I don't think anything
 in ray.patch excludes us from moving in this direction in the future, but
 I wanted to put it out there.

 Thanks for working on this!

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7349#comment:15>