[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7227: Fatal error - Call to undefined function wp_generate_password() in bp-core\bp-core-options.php on line 77

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 29 18:39:13 UTC 2016

#7227: Fatal error - Call to undefined function wp_generate_password() in bp-core
\bp-core-options.php on line 77
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  r-a-y         |       Owner:  djpaul
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by r-a-y):

 @jana307 - Are you sure you were the one that updated BuddyPress through
 the dashboard?  Does anyone else manage your site that could have manually
 uploaded the `2.7-alpha` version?

 The error message you listed is based on an older, development version of
 BuddyPress.

 Current stable version on wordpress.org is `2.6.2`.  We also have
 `2.7-beta-1` out as well, but you would need to manually upload it to your
 server and not through the dashboard.

 Since you are already using `2.7-alpha`, I would recommend testing
 `2.7-beta-1`.  `2.7-beta-1` should (hopefully) also fix your fatal error:
 https://buddypress.org/2016/09/buddypress-2-7-0-beta-1/

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7227#comment:24>