[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6844: Extract & relocate core markup functions: Theme compat include functionality & search forms file

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 15 19:34:56 UTC 2016

#6844: Extract & relocate core markup functions:  Theme compat include
functionality & search forms file
-------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  hnla         |       Owner:  boonebgorges
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by hnla):

 > Found an issue where trying to do an AJAX search from a component's
 directory page would not return the proper results.

 >The problem is due to moving the <input name=""> out of the <label>

 >I'm going to fix this by adjusting our JS to look for input[name]
 instead.

 Trust your judgement here - we always did trip up on the js hooks being
 too specific and tied to structures or constructs rather than tokens or
 elements.

 With Nouveau however we have endeavoured to bring in a rule that we hook
 all JS to `data-*=""` attr could we do the same here?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6844#comment:41>