[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7227: Fatal error - Call to undefined function wp_generate_password() in bp-core\bp-core-options.php on line 77

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 11 15:56:05 UTC 2016

#7227: Fatal error - Call to undefined function wp_generate_password() in bp-core
\bp-core-options.php on line 77
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  r-a-y         |       Owner:

Comment (by DJPaul):

 So I tried to patch this the way I described above (in 7227.diff - sorry
 for suffixed file name, I am trying out `grunt upload_path`). However, the
 red in the patch breaks a number of unit tests:
 https://gist.github.com/paulgibbs/bd4882d283f87c565febb341da149cbd -- they
 seem to be focused around post tracking/post filters, but I can't
 understand why the removal of the code breaks these.

 I spent an hour chasing a rabbit down a hole, so I'm not sure exactly what
 the cause is yet. Unless it doesn't like `false` for the default value of
 options, which causes something else to misbehave, and so on. To
 reproduce, run phpunit with this patch on a clean DB (i.e. new WP install,
 tested on non-multisite).

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7227#comment:4>