[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7247: Groups calls WP's "loop_start", causing compatibility issues with other plugins.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 6 08:19:57 UTC 2016

#7247: Groups calls WP's "loop_start", causing compatibility issues with other
plugins.
--------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  DJPaul        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Core          |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
--------------------------+-----------------
 Via https://wordpress.org/support/topic/buddypress-incompatibility/, the
 plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/beautiful-taxonomy-filters/ hooks
 into `loop_start` and makes an assumption that the argument passed is an
 instance of `wp_query`.

 In our `BP_Groups_Group_Members_Template` and `BP_Groups_Invite_Template`
 classes, however, we also call the same action, and because we obv. don't
 pass it a `wp_query` object, we cause a fatal error. This dates back to
 1.0 and 1.1.

 All of our other loops have our own-named actions in these template loop
 start locations, I think we should rename these actions and suffer the
 potential backwards compatibility break.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7247>