[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7091: Template Enhancement: On templates with loops (ie. groups/single/members) provide more context with messages on empty

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 26 21:14:33 UTC 2016

#7091: Template Enhancement: On templates with loops (ie. groups/single/members)
provide more context with messages on empty
-----------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                  |      Status:  new

Comment (by garrett-eclipse):

 Thanks @hnla

 That sounds amazing, can't wait ;)

 So that'll be kind of like how WooCommerce informs of outdated templates,
 etc. Would love that functionality.

 Appreciated

 Replying to [comment:3 hnla]:
 > > keeping them up to date can be a headache and introducing consistent
 functionality over and over on new projects isn't worth it in most cases.
 If the default templates support these types of changes default I'd be
 able to avoid requiring the modification making my life easier

 > I'm only too aware of this type of issue, however there does come a
 point where changes simply can't be added to templates that have been
 released out into the wild for fear of crashing layouts, it's a difficult
 balancing act. We do have another proposed solution that is all but ready
 to roll out that will check overloaded templates and inform devs in the
 backend under BP settings if they are out of date and what updates have
 been released so this ought to help enormously in this area.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7091#comment:4>