[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7091: Template Enhancement: On templates with loops (ie. groups/single/members) provide more context with messages on empty

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 26 07:26:51 UTC 2016

#7091: Template Enhancement: On templates with loops (ie. groups/single/members)
provide more context with messages on empty
-----------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                  |      Status:  new
Changes (by hnla):

 * priority:  normal => low
 * severity:  normal => trivial

Comment:

 I agree, improvements like this would be a good thing. Anything that takes
 a more considered view and then returns more helpful user info is a good
 thing.

 I'll add a note to the new templates project to reference this ticket with
 a view to looking at this aspect for those templates where we are also
 able to extend this in more detail, on existing templates i.e bp-legacy
 templates we would be limited to simple string changes, like for like in
 case additional elements upset layouts.

 A few observations:

 * Can we maybe extend this a bit further, maybe returning the failed
 search string for reference or similar detail

 * To some extent aspects like this are ones that developers can and do
 extend via overloaded and modified template files.

 * On a very speedy check I get quite inconsistent and erroneous results
 running checks on members names existing and non-existant so there needs
 to be some detailed checking here.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7091#comment:1>