[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7074: Templates should utilize esc_attr when setting a link title attribute to bp_group_name

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 18 21:29:30 UTC 2016

#7074: Templates should utilize esc_attr when setting a link title attribute to
bp_group_name
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Component - Groups  |    Version:  2.5.0
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello,

 I noticed in group-header.php and I'm sure it's in several other places,
 that the bp_group_name is being applied to the title attribute of a link
 without any handling, should employ esc_attr.

 https://github.com/buddypress/BuddyPress/blob/master/src/bp-templates/bp-
 legacy/buddypress/groups/single/group-header.php#L61

 {{{
 ?>">
 }}}

 Should be pushed through esc_attr either in the template by using
 bp_get_group_name instead or by creating a new bp_group_name_attr
 function.

 Thanks

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7074>