[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6844: Extract & relocate core markup functions: Theme compat include functionality & search forms file

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 13 11:19:14 UTC 2016

#6844: Extract & relocate core markup functions:  Theme compat include
functionality & search forms file
-----------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  hnla                         |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                  |      Status:  new
Changes (by hnla):

 * milestone:  Under Consideration => 2.6

Comment:

 Lets include this for 2.6 so that we:

 A/ Don't waste the combined effort.
 B/ Set a precedent for this and further endeavours of this nature.

 My only concern remaining is in the naming of a include directory.

 Suggested as '/common/' and used in testing on the template-pack but I
 still struggle with this, I've never used it personally as a dir naming
 convention, and can't recall seeing it in use(which isn't to suggest it
 isn't or isn't suitable).

 A straw poll would be useful to gauge the most popular choice?

 * `buddypress/common/`
 * `buddypress/includes/`
 * `buddypress/incl/`
 * `buddypress/_inc/`