[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7235: Allow for message threads to be deleted for users other than the current user

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 30 10:42:27 UTC 2016

#7235: Allow for message threads to be deleted for users other than the current
user
-----------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  jdgrimes               |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new
Changes (by DJPaul):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch 2nd-opinion
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 2.7

Comment:

 Hi @jdgrimes, thanks for the patch -- really good work! 👏

 Your point about the risk of change in having these functions no longer
 rely on the logged-in user is a good one. I am undecided how much I think
 we should care. A new pair of actions is not going to significantly
 complicate the function, and I guess we could even move the current
 actions into `/bp-core/deprecated/` and hook them to the new actions (to
 keep the function neat and tidy). But the current actions have pretty
 good/logical names.

 I think on balance, `delete` is our lowest level function, and should
 never have been relying on the global logged-in user at all. Upstream in
 `messages_delete_thread` etc is where that should have been handled (and
 where it is now, in your patch!).

 Let's await a second opinion but I think we should probably just commit
 as-is and not worry about the potential break.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7235#comment:2>