[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7230: Custom language file or directory is not processed first after updating to Wordpress 4.6

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 24 15:09:44 UTC 2016

#7230: Custom language file or directory is not processed first after updating to
Wordpress 4.6
 Reporter:  krista7       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  (not sure)    |    Version:  2.6.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  needs-patch
 After updating to Wordpress version 4.6 the custom Buddypress language
 file located in wp-content\languages\buddypress is not processed first
 anymore, as is stated in https://codex.buddypress.org/translations/.

 Custom language file works with
 Wordpress version 4.5.3
 Buddypress version: 2.6.2

 Custom language file doesn't work with
 Wordpress version: 4.6
 Buddypress version: 2.6.2

 Steps to reproduce the problem: Use older Wordpress version than 4.6. Make
 a custom text and open the page so that you can see your custom text.
 Update Wordpress to 4.6 and reload the page. Now your custom text is gone
 and the default text is there instead. In my case I expect to see my
 custom text on the registration page but I see the default text instead.

 The problem occurs when all plugins except Buddypress are deactivated and
 with all default themes (Twenty Fourteen, Twenty Fifteen, Twenty Sixteen)
 and plugins, themes and translations are up to date.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7230>