[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #4126: Allow admin to select fields to display in user "excerps" on Groups' user list page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 8 05:25:37 UTC 2016

#4126: Allow admin to select fields to display in user "excerps" on Groups' user
list page
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  sooskriszta                  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 It looks like [attachment:profile-fields-select#2.zip] is at least in part
 a copy-and-paste of the BuddyProfileData plugin referenced above. It's in
 questionable taste for us to consider the patch in this context.

 When I imagine a UI for managing this kind of feature, the thing that
 comes to mind most immediately is the Customizer. That'd provide a
 familiar framework for getting live previews of reconfigured directories,
 and would make it easy to play with different sort orders, etc. I'm not
 sure whether more Customizer integration is something we actively want to
 pursue in BP, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4126#comment:20>