[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6589: bp_setup_current_user() over zealous checking for did_action( "after_setup_theme" )

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 8 00:34:47 UTC 2016

#6589: bp_setup_current_user() over zealous checking for did_action(
"after_setup_theme" )
------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  bobbingwide       |       Owner:  johnjamesjacoby
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by r-a-y):

 * keywords:   => has-patch
 * priority:  high => normal
 * version:  2.3.2 => 1.7
 * severity:  minor => normal
 * milestone:   => Under Consideration

Comment:

 I think we should add more info to these `bp_setup_current_user()` notices
 so plugin devs can see where their code is throwing these notices.

 Attached patch does this by using `Exception::getTraceAsString()`, which
 is available in PHP 5.1+.

 ----

 @bobbingwide - If you really wanted to, you can suppress these error
 messages with a custom PHP error handler:
 https://gist.github.com/r-a-y/bab85fc47fa0357a8100

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6589#comment:7>