[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6503: Separate functions for creating a new nav link and registering a screen function.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 5 22:45:10 UTC 2015

#6503: Separate functions for creating a new nav link and registering a screen
function.
------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  dcavins           |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by dcavins):

 Thanks for your feedback @boonebgorges.

 > In 2.3, registering a navigation item with show_for_displayed_user=false
 would fail completely when viewing another user's  profile. After this
 change, the nav item will be registered into the global, but it'll never
 be rendered.

 I think the nav item needs to be registered in the global (and I think it
 is in 2.3)--because it's used if a non-logged in user tries to access a
 protected item. For instance, clicking on a link to a private message in
 an email will drop a 404 if the item isn't in the global. If it is, you
 get the login redirect behavior. This is my understanding of the
 situation, at least.

 OK, I'll merge this in tonight. Thanks again. And yes to the goofiness of
 al the `return false` stuff.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6503#comment:28>