[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6444: bp_detect_theme_compat_with_current_theme(), bp_core_load_template() don't work for themes with /bp-legacy copied files inside them

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 19 10:14:16 UTC 2015

#6444: bp_detect_theme_compat_with_current_theme(), bp_core_load_template() don't
work for themes with /bp-legacy copied files inside them
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  lenasterg         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |     Status:  new
Component:  Component - Core  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal            |   Keywords:
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hi.
 I noticed that the{{{ bp_detect_theme_compat_with_current_theme()}}} and
 {{{bp_core_load_template()}}} aren't compatible with themes which follow
 the guidelines from https://codex.buddypress.org/themes/theme-
 compatibility-1-7/a-quick-look-at-1-7-theme-compatibility/#overloading-
 template-compatibility-theme-files and have a copy from bp-legacy/ files
 into either theme's /buddypress subfolder or theme/community subfolder.

 It seems to me as a bug. Attached is the suggested patch.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6444>