[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6432: User feedbacks : Extend WP_Error and progressively stop using cookies to store messages.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 12 18:35:39 UTC 2015

#6432: User feedbacks : Extend WP_Error and progressively stop using cookies to
store messages.
-------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  imath        |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  API          |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  2nd-opinion
-------------------------+-------------------------
 We've been talking about this in slack, in this ticket #6112, and this
 ticket #6430 is another example of how we could take benefit of using a
 new class to extend WP_Error and manage the template notices (or feedback
 messages) we provide to users.

 I've begun building a patch about this, but before going "fast & furious"
 about it :) I'd like to have your opinion on the directions i've taken.

 - BP_Feecback extends WP_Error
 - passing the message code (or a comma separated list of message codes)
 into the url
 - setting the message codes in each component's class

 see 01.patch

 Here's some examples of it for :
 [[Image(https://cldup.com/963teY3Emm.png)]]
 - #6112

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/Z6Cl-3IaWb.png)]]
 - #6430

 There will be some complexity to deal with when a feedback message is
 dynamically created (e.g. the star feature bulk messages, the upload
 errors..)

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6432>