[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6503: Separate functions for creating a new nav link and registering a screen function.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 24 16:08:33 UTC 2015

#6503: Separate functions for creating a new nav link and registering a screen
function.
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  dcavins           |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by dcavins):

 Here are two new patches.

 In `6503-remove-extract.patch` I've removed the `extract()`s from
 `bp_core_new_nav_item()` and `bp_core_new_nav_default()`  and done a
 bracket and whitespace cleanup on those functions plus
 `bp_core_sort_nav_items()`.

 In `6503-refactor-bp_core_new_subnav_item.patch` I've added the new
 functions `bp_core_create_subnav_link()` and
 `bp_core_create_subnav_link()` and changed `bp_core_new_subnav_item()` to
 use the new functions. The group extension use of
 `bp_core_new_subnav_item()` has been switched to use the new functions
 directly, because it can take advantage of the new granularity.

 I had previously touched the use of `bp_core_new_subnav_item()` in
 `BP_Component` and `BP_XProfile_Component`, but, since those uses don't
 currently need the granularity, I've left them as is.

 Thanks for your feedback!

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6503#comment:6>