[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6503: Separate functions for creating a new nav link and registering a screen function.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 15 17:31:31 UTC 2015

#6503: Separate functions for creating a new nav link and registering a screen
function.
------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  dcavins           |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by imath):

 Just fyi, for #6026 i also had to play in this area. i'm currently working
 on a new patch where I've decided to leave these functions the way they
 are because they are too tight to user and i didn't want to add some more
 risks of slug collisions like there is today. Instead, I'm using a new
 Class to build the navigation for any component's single items. So far
 it's working nice on my tests and i'm almost pretty sure the groups single
 items could benefit from it.
 I have some details to finish, but i'll soon update the ticket about the
 blogs single items.

 PS: I agree with boonebgorges about the extract part changes :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6503#comment:3>