[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6162: Tests requiring multisite should be marked as skipped in non-multisite environments

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 3 20:05:05 UTC 2015

#6162: Tests requiring multisite should be marked as skipped in non-multisite
environments
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  DJPaul                      |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 Replying to [comment:3 r-a-y]:
 > > move the multisite tests into a separate test suite configuration in
 phpunit.xml.dist, so they aren't run at all

 > I like this option.

 My only misgiving is that some tests that require MS are closely related
 to another component (say, Activity), and moving them away from the
 existing activity tests makes them a bit harder to find. This is an
 unavoidable problem - there will always be more than one place where a
 test might be appropriate - but we should try to be consistent about our
 treatment. Multisite is just one of the possible "toggles" in a WP/BP
 environment - think of all of our component settings, for example. We
 shouldn't be overly influenced by the fact that WP (and we, by example)
 have a separate phpunit.dist file for multisite.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6162#comment:4>