[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6503: Separate functions for creating a new nav link and registering a screen function.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 8 23:05:38 UTC 2015

#6503: Separate functions for creating a new nav link and registering a screen
function.
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  dcavins           |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by dcavins):

 I've added a new version that moves `do_action( 'bp_core_new_nav_item' )`
 back to the end of the wrapper function. In doing so, I also needed to
 move the `wp_parse_args()` call back out to the wrapper function. In order
 to avoid parsing the args again, I removed the `wp_parse_args()` calls in
 the new helper functions, but this means that they can't be used directly.

 I'd like some advice on the best way to handle this. Do we ultimately want
 to use the new functions directly? (If you did, then the
 `bp_core_new_nav_item` action wouldn't fire either.) Maybe not? I'm not
 sure.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6503#comment:15>