[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6126: Post types activities are not set when directly using BP_Activity_Activity( $id )

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 15 22:39:13 UTC 2015

#6126: Post types activities are not set when directly using BP_Activity_Activity(
$id )
--------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  imath         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Activity      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch 2nd-opinion
--------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Post types activity actions are not set using the
 {{{'bp_register_activity_actions'}}} hook but just when we need them see
 [https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5669#comment:21 this
 comment] to understand why we've took this decision.

 While working on #6119, i've noticed some unit tests were failing if not
 running all the tests for instance {{{--group
 bp_blogs_format_activity_action_new_blog_post}}}. I've found that for
 these tests we are directly using {{{BP_Activity_Activity( $id )}}} but as
 {{{bp_activity_get_actions()}}} has not been called, the post type
 activities are not set in this case.

 I think we should make sure all activity actions are set in
 {{{BP_Activity_Activity->populate()}}} even if i'm not sure we need it, i
 think it's safer if someone is directly using {{{BP_Activity_Activity( $id
 )}}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6126>