[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5733: Use wp_cache_add_global_groups() so cache is applicable throughout multisite

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 9 00:05:42 UTC 2015

#5733: Use wp_cache_add_global_groups() so cache is applicable throughout
multisite
 Reporter:  wpdennis      |       Owner:

Comment (by johnjamesjacoby):

 Replying to [comment:31 r-a-y]:
 > `05.patch` applies cleanly for me; `06.patch` fails on line 1561 in src
 /bp-core/bp-core-classes.php of the patch.

 > ----
 >
 > Anyway, after spending some time trying to get the `bp_cache_X()` idea
 working without breaking some of our metadata caching (5 tests fail in
 PHPUnit, 8 with multisite testing), I think for 2.2, we separately commit
 the global cachegroups stuff and the removal of XProfile dynamic
 cachegroups.

 > The `bp_cache_X()` idea will need to be looked at for 2.3 if we're going
 to do a refactor of the metadata API to make it pass the metadata unit
 tests.

 > Unless there's a neat way around this :)

 I don't think that there is. Agree with your synopsis, too. I'll clean
 that up so its ready for beta tomorrow.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5733#comment:32>