[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6233: Multiple scopes in activity-loop.php doesn't work coreect when activity auto-refresh is checked

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 19 15:27:31 UTC 2015

#6233: Multiple scopes in activity-loop.php doesn't work coreect when activity
auto-refresh is checked
----------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  bphelp                |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)          |     Status:  new
Component:  Component - Activity  |    Version:  2.2.1
 Severity:  normal                |   Keywords:  reporter-feedback
----------------------------------+-------------------------------
 After some test with the latest version of WP and BP I have found a slight
 bug with using multiple scopes in the activity-loop.php. Below is the code
 I used in the loop:

 <?php if ( bp_has_activities( bp_ajax_querystring( 'activity' ) . '&scope
 =just-me,friends' ) ) : ?>

 The reason I say it is a slight bug is because I found if you go to
 dashoard/settings/buddypress/settings and then go under activty settings
 and check activity auto-refresh then even a user you are not friends with
 will get a notice to load newest and you can briefly see that activity of
 the user you are not friends with until the page is refreshed, then it
 goes away.
 If you use multiple scopes in the activity-loop.php as I did above in the
 code example and you go to dashoard/settings/buddypress/settings and then
 under activty settings and un-check activity auto-refresh then it works as
 expected and you only will see you and your friends activity in the
 activity stream. Hopefully there will be a fix but until then just make
 sure activity auto-refresh is unchecked. I hope this helps debug and helps
 others that may experience this issue. Thanks!

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6233>