[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6185: Usage of var keyword generates an E_STRICT warning when using PHP 5 before version 5.13

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 4 13:51:18 UTC 2015

#6185: Usage of var keyword generates an E_STRICT warning when using PHP 5 before
version 5.13
--------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  henry.wright              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  new
Changes (by DJPaul):

 * type:  defect (bug) => enhancement
 * version:  2.2 =>
 * component:  API => Tools - Warnings/Notices
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 Sure. As you probably know, `var` is left-over from PHP 4. I think PHP
 added the warning in 5.0-ish but then removed it in a 5.2-ish release,
 which is why we haven't seen this before.

 We can fix these up because PHP4, but as WP requires PHP >= 5.2, you
 should upgrade to a modern version of PHP ;)

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6185#comment:1>