[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6254: Chunk of Unicode text does not show any excerpt in BP activity stream at all

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 6 21:13:40 UTC 2015

#6254: Chunk of Unicode text does not show any excerpt in BP activity stream at
all
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  rosyteddy     |       Owner:
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:  2nd-opinion =>

Comment:

 Thinking about this more, it's hard for me to imagine a case where someone
 would want the current behavior - truncating to 0 with a first word that's
 longer than the `$length`. In cases where it does matter for a plugin's
 purpose, let's let them handle it themselves. I'm going to change the
 behavior so that strings will never be truncated to zero in these cases.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6254#comment:6>