[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5552: bp_is_current_component_core() breaks subnav for plugins that register themselves in component array

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 14 10:50:02 UTC 2014

#5552: bp_is_current_component_core() breaks subnav for plugins that register
themselves in component array
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges  |       Owner:

Comment (by djpaul):

 In [changeset:"9012"]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="9012"
 Core: only return `forums` from `bp_core_get_packaged_component_ids()` if
 using bbPress 1.

 This otherwise causes the bbPress 2's subnav bar to not be rendered in
 templates due to the behaviour of `members/single/plugins.php`.

 We would normally consider using `bp_is_active` for this kind of check,
 but because both bbPress 1 and (possibly, in the future) 2 could return
 true, we need a more reliable check for bbPress 1 only; see the ticket for
 full details.

 See #5552. Fixes #5873, props r-a-y.
 }}}

--