[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5921: Add post to blog button: Enhancement suggestion for bp-blogs/bp-blogs-template.php

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 13 14:17:15 UTC 2014

#5921: Add post to blog button: Enhancement suggestion for bp-blogs/bp-blogs-
template.php
-------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  lenasterg    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:  reporter-feedback needs-testing =>
 * milestone:  Future Release => 2.2

Comment:

 Excellent - thanks, lenasterg! I think this is looking pretty good.

 I'd like to suggest a change to the cache scheme. Instead of

 {{{
 wp_cache_set( 'bp_blog_ids_of_user_' . bp_loggedin_user_id() .
 '_inc_hidden', $blogs, 'bp' );
 }}}

 let's do this:

 {{{
 wp_cache_set( bp_loggedin_user_id(), 'bp_blog_ids_of_user_inc_hidden' );
 }}}

 It makes invalidation a wee bit easier, is in keeping with how we do most
 of our cache groups, and makes cache grouping more fine-grained and
 customizable. See #5733.

 I also think we should move the caching right into
 `BP_Blogs_Blog::get_blog_ids_for_user()`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5921#comment:6>