[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6051: Rename bp-core/admin/ files to avoid confusion with non-admin files sharing the same name

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Nov 29 12:16:00 UTC 2014

#6051: Rename bp-core/admin/ files to avoid confusion with non-admin files sharing
the same name
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  DJPaul          |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 When I try to open a file by name in my IDE, I type in e.g. "bp-core-
 actions" and I get two choices: the one in the root of the bp-core folder,
 and the one inside bp-core/admin/.

 Can we rename the files inside the admin folder to "bp-admin-NAME.php"?
 For example:

 `
 bp-core/admin/bp-core-actions.php -> bp-core/admin/bp-admin-actions.php
 bp-core/admin/bp-core-functions.php -> bp-core/admin/bp-admin-
 functions.php
 `

 "bp-core-admin-functions.php" looks too long to me, but I could live with
 that if that's what we decided.

 All other components' admin code is in a "-admin.php" file within that
 component, and that's fine, as I think the only component with multiple
 files for wp-admin stuff is core (partly because it registers all the
 actions/loads the code that the other components rely on).

 A quick rename would de-duplicate the file names and make clearer the
 context they're loaded in.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6051>