[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6049: When certain spam filters are installed account gets activated due to spam filters following external link in the email..

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 27 16:26:40 UTC 2014

#6049: When certain spam filters are installed account gets activated due to spam
filters following external link in the email..
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  vimes1984     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by vimes1984):

 I found the method sending out the emails, that wasn't my problem. It was
 more a not wanting to edit the core and some users can be a little slow if
 they have two lines one with the key and one with a link to /activate it's
 a little complex for people instead of a form with input box say that then
 requires them to click on a button to confirm it...
 I've been reading through a couple of form threads where people are
 experiencing this issue or similar and I was wondering if it was due to
 there spam filters...
 I was also reading that some email clients do the same.
 I have this fixed for me here using a htaccess "deny from X.X.X.X"
 disallowing the spam filter from reading the outgoing mails, but I also
 think we could improve this by adding a onpage button validating the users
 accounts instead of the link providing the validation in itself...
 Maybe pass a var through to the onpage form via $_GET which populates a
 hidden input..
 Chris

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6049#comment:2>