[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5890: Buddypress Activity Link (time ago) Issue

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Nov 22 17:36:29 UTC 2014

#5890: Buddypress Activity Link (time ago) Issue
 Reporter:  Cartographer  |       Owner:  djpaul
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened
 Priority:  normal        |   Milestone:  2.2
Component:  Core          |     Version:
 Severity:  normal        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:  has-patch     |

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 > Maybe the more important decision is whether or not we prioritize (or
 actively maintain support for) non-innodb setups.

 Obviously we should continue to support it (in the sense that we should
 ensure that things continue to work), but I don't think we need to worry
 about *optimizing* for it. In particular, we definitely should not avoid
 fixing bugs (as in the current case) just out of concern about performance
 on MyISAM, as long as the performance degradation is not unreasonably

 That being said, if there were significant speed improvements to be had by
 moving to a larger max `varchar` value as opposed to `text`, it'd be worth
 considering, as it would at least mitigate the bug currently being

Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5890#comment:13>
BuddyPress Trac <http://buddypress.org/>
BuddyPress Trac

More information about the buddypress-trac mailing list