[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5652: root_blog_id problem since trunk has been "gruntified" for website using trunk version

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 20 20:52:13 UTC 2014

#5652: root_blog_id problem since trunk has been "gruntified" for website using
trunk version
------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  imath             |       Owner:  imath
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 >  Let's reopen this. Not a fan of having BuddyPress core have hard-coded
 references to build or src directories. Those are important to us, not to
 millions of other installations. Would like to work towards a more elegant
 solution.

 IMHO, some clever solution that manages to do the same thing without
 explicitly referencing 'build' or 'src' is bound to be *less* elegant,
 because it will rely on some funky string manipulation techniques and will
 be harder to understand. The bug is that the string doesn't work with our
 build tools, so it seems fine to me if the fix directly addresses the
 build tools. If there's a way to fix this that doesn't require jumping
 through hoops, that'd be fine, but let's please not waste lots of brain
 cycles on what is, in my view, a non-issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5652#comment:6>