[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5652: root_blog_id problem since trunk has been "gruntified" for website using trunk version

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 20 11:58:10 UTC 2014

#5652: root_blog_id problem since trunk has been "gruntified" for website using
trunk version
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  imath         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Core          |    Version:  2.0
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch
--------------------------+-----------------------
 In bp-loader.php, the root blog id is by default the current blog id.

 If the config is multisite, we get the network active plugins and check if
 BuddyPress is in, if so the root blog id becomes the
 {{{get_current_site()->blog_id}}}.

 The problem appears when a multisite config is using the trunk version of
 BuddyPress or the git repo of BuddyPress. In that case checking if
 BuddyPress is in the network active plugins can* fail because the basename
 checked is {{{buddypress/src/bp-loader.php}}} and the one in the network
 active plugins is {{{buddypress/bp-loader.php}}}.

 As a result, the root blog id is always the current blog id and Directory
 pages are created in child blogs etc... So in a way, for this config,
 we're forcing {{{BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG}}}.

 So i suggest the attached patch to avoid this situation.

 *this isn't happening if buddypress/src is symlinked in /wp-
 content/plugins/buddypress

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5652>