[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5619: Allow user to edit WordPress Profile when the Extended Profiles component is disabled

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 5 23:56:35 UTC 2014

#5619: Allow user to edit WordPress Profile when the Extended Profiles component
is disabled
 Reporter:  r-a-y        |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Members      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
 An interesting point was raised here:
 http://buddypress.org/support/topic/wp-profile-fields-not-editable-in-bp-
 profile/

 We already display the WP profile when the Extended Profiles component is
 disabled, but don't allow users to edit it.

 On the contrary, bbPress allows the user to edit WP's profile:
 eg. example.com/forums/users/USERNAME/edit/

 I would say as a follow-up to #3335, we could copy bbPress' user edit
 profile code and use it as a fallback if BP's own Extended Profiles
 component is disabled.

 If we were to go this route, we'd also have to consider where this page
 should live.  /members/USERNAME/profile/edit/ would be the most
 appropriate, but we'd also have to consider the generic
 /members/USERNAME/settings/ page as well.

 Thoughts?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5619>