[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #787: All profile field data becomes searchable links--is irrelevant for some data types

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 5 15:35:55 UTC 2014

#787: All profile field data becomes searchable links--is irrelevant for some
data types
-------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  jeffsayre                |       Owner:  johnjamesjacoby
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by sooskriszta):

 Radical(ish) suggestion:
 For 2.1, let's turn it OFF for single fields (text, textarea, number,
 date, url) and ON for multi-fields (checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdowns,
 multi-selects). I feel that multi-fields are really where this feature is
 useful anyway. This logic actually does not require string-parsing as far
 as I can see....because we are dealing with closed-ended questions, thus
 this essentially deals with individual field record values.
 2.2 - we can keep the above settings as default, and add a checkbox next
 to each multifield, asking admin whether the field should be linked or
 not. For text fields, let's actually do hashtags (why not?). People
 understand the concept pretty well, thanks to Twitter et al.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/787#comment:11>