[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5759: Send Invites HTML is hard-coded, displayed in a different way than with template, causes inconsistencies

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 22 21:02:34 UTC 2014

#5759: Send Invites HTML is hard-coded, displayed in a different way than with
template, causes inconsistencies
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  jreeve        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by r-a-y):

 * keywords:  2nd-opinion =>

Comment:

 > So if I wanted to write a CBOX/Buddypress theme that would be forward-
 compatible, what template files would I need to start with?

 For cbox-theme / bp-default, you would follow this guide:
 http://codex.buddypress.org/themes/theme-compatibility-1-7/bp-17
 -upgrading-template-packed-themes/

 This would remove the old bp-default templates and BuddyPress will attempt
 to fill in the blanks by injecting its own templates and stylesheet.

 Chances are cbox-theme will need some CSS refinements to match the new CSS
 selectors.  I would open an issue on the cbox-theme Github repo discussing
 a potential move to BP's theme compatibility.

 I would also create a ticket discussing the group invite template styles
 that appear to be missing.

 Thanks jreeve!

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5759#comment:6>