[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5210: Using DISTINCT in the select statement when retrieving activity data slows down the query

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 26 15:55:37 UTC 2014

#5210: Using DISTINCT in the select statement when retrieving activity data slows
down the query
-------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  kwerri             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  closed
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate
 * milestone:  2.0 =>

Comment:

 kwerri - Thanks again for your help with this. I'm closing this ticket in
 favor of #5349, which has a patch that should solve both of our problems.
 It continues to use `DISTINCT`, but other aspects of the query have been
 modified to reduce overhead by several orders of magnitude. It'd be great
 to get your testing/feedback on that ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5210#comment:7>