[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5328: Use of the WordPress HeartBeat API to check for newest activities and to let user load them

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 20 22:43:28 UTC 2014

#5328: Use of the WordPress HeartBeat API to check for newest activities and to
let user load them
-------------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  imath                                |       Owner:  imath
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by imath):

 Replying to [comment:18 boonebgorges]:
 > I think this is just about ready to go.
 Great :)
 > - I like your new logic for setting the pulse interval, but I rewrote
 the documentation and flipped around some variable names inside of
 `bp_activity_heartbeat_strings()` so that it made a bit more sense. (Some
 of the logic you were using before was kinda opaque - it took me like 20
 minutes to understand the function :) )
 Oops sorry for this :( my english is terrible sometimes!!
 > - I changed the wording of the admin setting
 (bp_admin_setting_callback_heartbeat()). For one thing, "15 seconds" was
 not always going to be literally true. For another, the word "refresh" is
 a little misleading - the page doesn't really refresh, it just checks to
 see if there's new items available. I changed it to "Query automatically
 for new items when viewing the activity stream", but if you have ideas for
 how that could be improved, please feel free.
 Yes, you're right, "Query" seems fine to me or alternatively we could use
 "Automatically check.."

 I've run some tests and it works really fine.
 Thanks a lot for looking at it and improving it the way you did :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5328#comment:19>