[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6068: Use standard event names instead of "bp_before_registration_submit_buttons" to make registration work with plugins

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 15 18:11:52 UTC 2014

#6068: Use standard event names instead of "bp_before_registration_submit_buttons"
to make registration work with plugins
 Reporter:  elrata_       |       Owner:

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 In theory, I'd love to be able to fire WP's hooks during our registration
 process, but practically this might be difficult because of the number of
 plugins that have already added specific support for BP's hooks. In those
 cases, double validation and double markup would appear.

 Can you be specific about the hooks that need to be fired for full parity?
 Looking at your changeset, it looks like 'register_form' is the front-end
 one. I don't see at a glance where the recaptcha plugin is validating on
 the back-end. Can you clarify?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6068#comment:1>