[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5552: bp_is_current_component_core() breaks subnav for plugins that register themselves in component array

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 12 23:03:14 UTC 2014

#5552: bp_is_current_component_core() breaks subnav for plugins that register
themselves in component array
------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new

Comment (by r-a-y):

 When I use `5552-plugins.php` in theme compat, the subnav for "Test 3
 Parent" does not show up.

 `bp_is_current_component_core.patch` follows what I stated in comment:5.

 `bp_core_get_components()` is a new function that returns a hardcoded
 array of core components.  This is a little ugly, but addresses the issue
 of the subnav for "Test 3 Parent" not appearing.

 > The fact that we are required to load plugins.php in settings.php is a
 sign that something is wrong.

 `bp_core_load_template( $whatever_is_here )` is for bp-default themes
 only.

 When theme compat is triggered, theme compatibility correctly loads up
 `'members/single/home'` on user pages:
 https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/2.0.2/bp-members/bp-
 members-screens.php#L433

 bp-legacy, then, uses `members/single/plugins.php`, which is used as a
 [https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/2.0.2/bp-templates/bp-
 legacy/buddypress/members/single/plugins.php template part].

 Whereas for bp-default, plugins.php is a
 [https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/2.0.2/bp-themes/bp-
 default/members/single/plugins.php full page template].  That's why we
 call `bp_core_load_template( 'members/single/plugins' )`.  In an ideal
 world, bp-default's `'members/single/plugins.php'` would be a template
 part like bp-legacy, then you could use bp_core_load_template(
 'members/single/home' ) instead of bp_core_load_template(
 'members/single/plugins' ) in plugins.  However, it is what it is I'm
 afraid.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5552#comment:9>