[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5793: Ajax drop-down in Activity Stream and Members Directory won't work on mobile?

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 7 09:11:51 UTC 2014

#5793: Ajax drop-down in Activity Stream and Members Directory won't work on
mobile?
 Reporter:  rossagrant    |       Owner:

Comment (by rossagrant):

 I've figured this out Shane but I'm not sure if it's been my WP setup or
 whether WP is trying to do stuff a little differently where Apple Safari
 struggles.

 Debugging this on my iPhone gave me this error:

 ‘XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://www.staging.mysite.com/wp-admin/admin-
 ajax.php.

 Origin http://staging.mysite.com is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-
 Origin.’

 So it was to do with a mix of www. and non www. prefixes.

 To allow this kind of cross site scripting securely you can add this to
 your htaccess file:

 Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin http://staging.mysite.com

 And everything works just fine.

 Any ideas if this would be caused by my initial WP install – even though
 from what I can tell it’s set to www.

 My live site doesn’t have any issues – so maybe it just was my staging
 site’s setup.

 I guess we need to figure if wp-admin/ajax.php is trying to mix the two
 url paths, or whether this was due to my initial setup.

 I'm not great with php though, so someone with a deeper knowledge might be
 best to take a look.

 Hope this helps.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5793#comment:2>