[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5553: BP 2.0 upgrade routine improperly deletes existing user roles if activation_key usermeta is present

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 23 14:52:41 UTC 2014

#5553: BP 2.0 upgrade routine improperly deletes existing user roles if
activation_key usermeta is present
-----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 >  unsetting $signup seems to fix this.

 Yup, looks good.

 >  The migrate process will only happen on non multisite, and keys are
 defined "old-way" with wp_hash( $user_id ).

 Oh, thanks. Doesn't really matter - the test just checks that they're the
 same before and after. The key could be 'foo' :)

 How do we feel about the state of this? It looks to me like the following
 items are addressed:
 a. By focusing on user_status=2, we should ensure that we don't
 accidentally delete any proper permissions (the original purpose of the
 ticket)
 b. This new way of identifying users also allows us to avoid
 `'all_with_meta'` and the unnecessary querying of users with
 user_status=0, which should result in significant performance benefits.

 So I think we're good to go here. imath, does that seem right to you?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5553#comment:20>