[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5553: BP 2.0 upgrade routine improperly deletes existing user roles if activation_key usermeta is present

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 17 14:40:14 UTC 2014

#5553: BP 2.0 upgrade routine improperly deletes existing user roles if
activation_key usermeta is present
-----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by imath):

 Replying to [comment:8 DJPaul]:

 > What also is the point of re-generating the activation key if we're
 never going to tell the user what it is (re-send the activation email,
 etc).

 I've spent the day playing with activation_key and user_status. I think
 there are 5 possible cases

 // regular cases
 1. user status is 0 and no activation key user meta
 2. user status is 2 and not empty activation key user meta

 // Non regular ones
 3. user status is 0 and activation key user meta but empty value
 4. user status is 0 and activation key user meta not empty value
 5. user_status is 2 and activation key user meta but empty value

 5553.patch will handle 3 and 4, but not the case number 5 and this will
 create a signup with no value for the activation key and will never be
 activable.. And the user won't display in user's list as he has a
 user_status set to 2.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5553#comment:9>